Following the announcement of the third national lockdown on Monday, further financial assistance from the Treasury has been announced by the Chancellor. This includes Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The Chancellor announced one-off top up grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses worth up to £9,000 per property to help businesses through to the Spring
- £594 million discretionary fund also made available to support other impacted businesses
- This is in addition to £1.1 billion further discretionary grant funding for Local Authorities (see below), Local Restriction Support Grants worth up to £3,000 a month (see below) and extension of furlough scheme (to April 2021).
Find coronavirus financial support for your business:
- Deferring VAT: (payment deferment can be up to 31 March 2021);
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) Grant Extension: (still open since November);
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS: (open until 31st January 2021);
For those eligible to whom it may apply, the Furlough Scheme has been extended.
Grants available from your local council, including new grants announced on 5th January:
- Local Restrictions Support Grant – still open (If you stayed open between 1st August – 5th November 2020 with property with rateable value)
- Additional Restrictions Grant: (If you do not pay Business Rates and had to close by law; for businesses including the Events Sector, or supplying the retail, hospitality and leisure sector)
- Check if you’re eligible for the coronavirus Additional Restrictions Grant: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-youre-eligible-for-the-coronavirus-additional-restrictions-grant
- You may be eligible for more than one scheme, whether your business has been open or closed before (obviously everyone is closed now)
- Check if your business is eligible for a coronavirus grant due to national restrictions (for closed businesses): https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-your-business-is-eligible-for-a-coronavirus-grant-due-to-national-restrictions-for-closed-businesses?utm_source=91047667-9914-4b82-bf64-0a22ccd9fd94&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=daily
- Find the website for your local council (applies to England): https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council