The Showmen’s Guild Central Office has received this communication from the DCMS about the conditions for opening fairs in England.
We have confirmation from Cabinet Office that:
Outdoor funfairs and fairgrounds can reopen in Step 2 (earliest 12 April):
- these events will be subject to local authority approval.
- They will also need to be organised by a business, charity or similar organisation;
- comply with COVID-Secure guidance with reasonable steps to limit the risk of transmission
- and the completion of a risk assessment;
- and ensure that those attending do not mix beyond what is permitted by the social contact limits
- (unless another exemption exists, such as for work purposes, or supervised activities for children).
The Government’s roadmap is a step-by-step plan to ease restrictions in England cautiously, as such we are not able to adjust reopening timings for sectors.
The important decisions on when to lift restrictions, and in which order, seeks to strike a balance between the epidemiological evidence and advice, the impact lockdown is having on people’s health (including mental health and disproportionate impacts on certain groups), wellbeing, and the economy.
Restrictions will be eased across the whole of England at the same time.
We are in the process of updating our guidance and will be publishing this shortly.